Wednesday, January 9, 2008

An Awesome American Gladiator Experience!!


The new American Gladiators is pure awesomeness.

I grew up watching the old American Gladiators and really, really loved it. When I heard that it was coming back on TV, I was psyched and truly beyond excited...

When my wife and I watched it on Sunday and Monday night, it surpassed all of our expectations. One minute, we were literally on the edge of our seat cheering and then in the next minute on the floor laughing from the show's unintentional comedy value. It is completely utterly awesome.
If you are unfamiliar with the show - first, shame on you -- it is sort of an athletic competition where regular joe's and jane's go against steroid meatheads and buffed athletic chicks. The regular joe's and jane's compete in games that test their endurance, strength and quickeness. While it seems like they wouldn't have a chance in hell to beat the American Gladiators, a large majority of the time they do.


My personal favorite Gladiators are Venom (shown above) and Wolf (who howls everytime his character is announced.)

I highly, highly recommend American Gladiators. What an awesome, awesome show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My comments on the show:

- They're missing my favorite part of the eliminator...the blind 'is there someone waiting to kick my ass behind door #2' at the end. The new eliminator is dumb because that ramp at the end.

- My favorite event is the now the pyramid, where people get thrown 20 feet. It looks fun. I want to play.


BUT, the real reason I stopped by the paperboy was to inform him that Bret Michaels will be welcoming 20 new sluts into his house for Rock of Love 2, starting this Sunday.

SportsWeezy said...

I loved that show! I missed it...maybe i can record it and watch it later.

Anonymous said...

G R E A T show and a strong analysis, PaperMan. I agree wholeheartedly the show is sweet. I love the comebacks we're seeing. Too many interviews with contestants, but I guess they have to do that. Love the gauntlet and assault, too. i knew you'd love venom, PaperMan. that's your type.