Wednesday, January 16, 2008

American Idol: Season 7

The most popular TV show in America returned last night to the airwaves....No, I'm not referring to the NFL Network's rebroadcast of the NY Giants-Cowboys game. ... I'm talking about AMERICAN IDOL.

I used to be one of the haters. I used to think the show was for girls. But after watching various episodes the past couple years with my wife, I've grown to love the show. From the competitive nature of the show to the crazy, psychotic people who try out in strange costumes, there are so many things about this show that are great.


Last night, the premiere of Season 7 of American Idol was no different. It was a freak fest from start to finish:
  • There was a fat guy in the Princess Leia prisoner costume from Return of the Jedi.

  • There was a crazy chick who looked like a cross between Willem Dafoe and Rainbow Bright.

  • There was a scary dude singing a song about stalking Paula Abdul.

  • There was a weird old dude singing a song about how celibacy was awesome.

And there definitely was some good singers smattered in here and there. But overall, the night was ruled by freaks. It'll be a few weeks and about 10 hours into the show before the good singers rule the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First Viva Pinata and now this?? Were those your balls that were hanging in the baby's room of your house?

SportsWeezy said...

baby's room...? Tony, Toni, Tone....what is this I hear? I get scared just looking at a baby these days...lol.