Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Climbing a Hop-less Mountain

I am about to climb the biggest hill of my entire life...no, I'm not talking about hiking in the Grand Canyon next week when my wife and I are vacationing in Arizona...

I'm talking about giving up drinking beer and liquor. I'm doing it so I can get in shape and lose my damn beer belly once and forever. It's about time.



Sure, I may drink during an occassional social situation, but I am giving up drinking beer and liquor on a frequent basis. That's it. It's finished. Sayonora.

Notice that I didn't say I was giving up red wine. I'm Italian. That would be sacrilege.


I'm going to be one cranky bastard. That's for sure....

3 comments:

SportsWeezy said...

I think it's great! I'm glad you decided to do it. It's easier than you think once you get past the first month. Just drink one or two lite beers or a glass of wine socially and you'll be fine. Change your eating habits while your at it! More salads, less fast-food. It's cheaper and healthier than eating out.
You will have a lot more energy and as a bonus, you won't be destroying your liver and damaging other vital organs!
Congrats!

SportsWeezy said...

BTW I like the title...very clever.

Anonymous said...

THat sounds gay...