Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Dumbing Down of America

I think Sarah Palin is going to do a fine job tonight.

I’m a staunch supporter of Obama-Biden ’08, but I believe all Palin needs to win tonight’s debate is make some salient points and string together a few coherent sentences.

The public’s expectations of Sarah Palin are so low it’s ridiculous. The public is expecting to be entertained by her nonsensical answers tonight and if she simply puts together some coherent thoughts – a questionable feat after hearing what she named her kids (you thought I was going to say something about the Katie Couric interviews, didn’t you) – she’ll wildly exceed everyone’s expectations. And that’s sad since she’s the Republican VP candidate who is – watch for the cliché – one heartbeat away from being the President.

Short of her running off stage tonight like her hair is on fire, screeching “I have people skills, damnit!” I think the – liberal, elite, pro-Obama (tongue in cheek) – media will declare her tonight’s winner.

I hope I’m wrong. It’ll make for entertaining television if am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be legen...wait for it...DARY! (thank you, NPH).

~megan