Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Am I Dirty or Crazy?

My wife is a teacher and is dressing up as a football player for Halloween with her other teaching colleagues. Naturally she asked me to borrow my Eli Manning replica Giants jersey. When I told her that I wouldn't let her borrow my favorite jersey and she could instead borrow my Jeremy Shockey jersey, her response was a surprising: "He's not even on the team any longer".


I disagreed with her. It is a Halloween costume afterall and Shockey is a clown....but I finally relented and told her that she could borrow the Eli jersey.

She then went to smell it and asked when was the last time it was washed.

After telling her 2 years ago, she looked at me in horror.

My explanation was that it hadn't been washed in two years because I was superstituous after the Giants Super Bowl run.

After her constant conjoling, I agreed to wash it today. And I'm not one bit happy about it. I'm literally scared that the Giants mojo will be flushed away because I was dumb enough to wash it.

So, I ask you...Am I dirty or just plain crazy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both.

Anonymous said...

do u stand for nothing except serving as a warning to others to not follow your footsteps??? I am sure the conversation went like this:
Meg: let me have your manning jersey
You: Ummmm....ok.....your highness

Anonymous said...

Let the record state that I was also instructed to not "get any marker or other teaching stuff" all over the jersey. I guess that goes for little kid snot and cupcakes from our class party, huh? ;)

~megan

SportsWeezy said...

You are fucked. You are 7-1 now best record in the NFL. The Plaxico-Coughlin relationship will destroy all the chemistry on the team...ohh wait it already has.

You should have let Megan wear the Shockey jersey to exorcise his presence from the team. Washing that jersey will lead to irreparable damage to Eli's throwing arm. Also the O-line and D-line are going to stop playing well now. The Giants are destined for failure...especially since crayon marks are all over the jersey by now.

On the other hand, did you ever think that it would lead to Jacobs being a legitimate goal line back? Or Plaxico actually being punctual? Maybe it will lead to positive things. Dude wash your clothes...it's ok. LOL.

Smelmooo said...

I think you are P-whipped since YOU washed it.

If Megan wanted it so badly... she should have washed it.

*duck*

Dammit Megan -- throw stuff at someone else!