Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Joker



I saw the best movie of the summer last night -- "The Dark Knight" -- with my wife, Smelmooo and Tangent Woman and it did not disappoint.

Simply put, Heath Ledger is the best Joker there's ever been. He's better than Jack Nicholson's Joker in the 1989 Batman movie. He's better than Cesar Romero's Batman from the 1960s TV show. He is better than them all because for scenes at a time, I didn't think it was Heath Ledger playing The Joker character..I thought it was The Joker himself.
He was breathtaking, wonderful and phenomenal in every single scene of "The Dark Knight". Smelmooo was telling me the other day that a friend of his told him that the Joker was shown so many times in "The Dark Knight" that the movie should have instead been called "The Joker." I agree with that. He completely made this movie.

I won't even talk about Christian Bale's horrible Batman. He was goddamn horrific, but I digress. This movie wasn't about Batman. It was all about the Joker. Heath Ledger's performance should be celebrated for all time.

No comments: