Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Is it Fantasy Football Season Yet?

On Saturday (June 21), a clear 2 1/2 months before the start of the NFL season and probably about 2 months from my various fantasy football drafts, I purchased the first of what is sure to be 2-3 fantasy football magazines.

Yes, I am that psychotic!

And no matter how hard I study -- yes, I study for this crap -- and create my own draft rankings and debate internally who I'll select in the first round, I guarantee that I'll still finish AGAIN in 5th place in all of my fantasy leagues.

I know I have no shot and still I try. Having Adrian Peterson (a 7th round pick up last year), Frank Gore (an 11th round pick up two seasons ago) and Ryan Grant (a waiver wire pick up last season) in my keeper leagues helps some, I know the battle is futile.
While I'm sure that my voracious studying has helped select these late round gems in my keeper league, I know that I have absolutely no shot to win any of my leagues this year.

My luck just sucks that much. ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is! Yahoo is now taking fantasy football registrations.

Start brainstorming your team names.