Friday, June 6, 2008

Entertain Me.....

Into the Wild - This was another movie that I didn't know a lot about going into it. As you may know, I usually like movies a hell of a lot more when I don't know anything about them. All I knew about this movie was that Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder did the songs and it was based on a true story. Other than that, I knew nothing about the story.

After watching all 2 hours and 45 minutes, I thought it was simply a phenomenal movie..It was a tad long in parts, but I was engrossed throughout and highly recommend it.

The Orphanage - Smelmooo recommended The Orphanage -- or El Orfanato for those with the blog SAP button turned on --to me and even though I typically don't like subtitled movies, I thought this was a great movie.

It was a scary, haunted movie from start to finish. The movie was about a woman who buys the orphanage she used to live in and moves in with her husband and adopted son. Very believable, huh?
Perhaps the fact that all of the actors spoke spanish made this flick a little more scary than it would be if they all spoke English. I definitely recommend this movie.

Fear Itself (NBC) - I'd seen some commercials on this show and was willing to give it a shot because it looked like old school Tales from the Crypt - a fav of mine - and I'm a sucker for watching a new show from the beginning to see if I get hooked.

This show premiered last night and was mediocre from start to finish. I think it's supposed to be a short story/serial type of show where every episode tells a different story. Last night's show was a clinche filled romp fest with a broken down car, seductive women, and a vampire-like creature living off humans. I didn't see the ending credits because I stopped watching it early, but it had so many cliches in it, I wonder if the writer credited all of the people he stole plot lines from.
I'll give it another shot next week because of its serial nature of it - and to prevent pissing off the guy below - but this show may soon fall off my TV watching schedule.

1 comment:

Smelmooo said...

It's actually a version of an awesome series that used to be on Showtime called Masters of Horror...where each mini-movie was directed by a person who is famous for directing a particular horror movie or for something else... For example... Ronny Yu is directing an upcoming episode and the director of the one you watched was the son of Michael Eisner. Check out Masters of Horror on Netflix... some are better than others, but some are good.