Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year


2009 was one of the worst and one of the best years of my life.


My daughter Grace was born on Feb. 13th and since then she has made me laugh, smile and stand in amazement at the beautiful wonderful, intelligent and funny little girl that she is.
My mother died on March 23rd at the age of 59 after a 13 year battle with pancreatitis, diabetes and various other complications. ...It has rocked my world more than anything else ever has.


I got a new job. ...

My wife's grandfather and my brother-in-law's mother passed away which again rocked my family and left me to question yet again what God's plan is ...
The Yankees won their 27th World Series and brought some enjoyment to my life ...

And through it all, I have seemingly kept it together while trying to do the best I can for the people around me that I love.

More than anything else, this year has taught a number of lessons that I will take with me. Cherish what you have in life. Take care of yourself and the people around you. Don't take anything or anyone you know for granted. Be grateful for what you have. If you want something, don't sit around waiting for it to happen. And each day tell the people that you love how much you care for them.

That last one is the most important of all, I think.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments: