Saturday, October 10, 2009

Game 2 ALDS - Yankees vs. Twins (Win 2 of 11)


The only way I can explain the Stadium last night, before, during and after Alex Rodriguez hit a game-tying 2 run homer in the bottom of the 9th inning last night was complete and utter pandemonium.
I was there to witness it and I must say it's the loudest that I've ever heard the new Stadium and it came very, very close to being as loud as the old Stadium was when Aaron Boone jacked one off of Tim Wakefield in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS against the Red Sox. I was there for that one too, but there was something extra special about last night's game.
Last night's blast by A-Rod in the 9th and Mark Teixiera's laser beam of a homerun to lead off the bottom of the 11th inning was definitely the first real special moment in the new Stadium.


That's win 2 of 11 on the Yankees' journey to becoming the 2009 World Series Champion.

No comments: