Monday, March 16, 2009

Entertain Me...With Two New Great TV Shows!

It's been a long time, since I've posted an Entertain Me...blog, so here goes.


Kings - I watched the 2-hour premiere of this show last night and loved it. It's got suspense, drama, intrigue and is a really interesting show. I'm a big fan of medieval type stories - ala Lord of the Rings or The Song of Fire and Ice - and this show has such an interesting spin on the typical king-queen story as it's set in the modern day society of Gilboa. Okay, a horrible name for a country - and I'm not even too keen on Gilboa's flag (orange with a butterfly in the middle) but it is a phenomenal show.
Ian McShane - formerly of HBO's phenomenal series Deadwood - stars as King Silas Benjamin and puts on a great performance. I highly recommend this show to anyone looking for the next best drama on TV.




Eastbound and Down - I started watching this show when I heard it was produced by funny man Will Ferrell and loved the show from the start. The show stars Danny McBride as Kenny Powers, an ex-baseball player turned gym teacher who is having trouble coming to grips with the fact that he no longer is a major league baseball player.
It's funny. It's crude. ...and it's right up my alley.
I highly recommend watching this show.

No comments: